Wednesday 9 May 2018

Entertaining Angels - an actor's tale...


Being in a play is always exciting, but being in a play with an new author to the theatre and having a new director to the players adds an extra challenge and excitement. When I first read Entertaining Angels by Richard Everett. I loved the characterization and interaction of them all, each part has funny lines, emotional scenes and equal amount of time to spend telling their stories. I went to the audition with a hope that I may be considered and Julie Stonestreet, our director, gave me the part over the others that read. and I was ready for the challenge of bring Jo to life. 

Jo is the daughter of Grace and Rev Bardolph Thomas, the play takes place in the garden of the vicarage where Jo is making herself useful to her mother at this sad time. Jo is a psychotherapist and is always there with a helping hand to everyone. but as the play goes on Jo struggles somewhat to know who to help first. I have really enjoyed playing Jo. She is caring and understanding, and uses her anger for life to ensure everyone else is happy. 

I have loved having Danny Carmichael and Di Evans as parents, they are two amazing actors that I have (In the past) and this play learnt so much from. Helen Clinton Pacey plays my Dear Batty Aunt Ruth. She as always has been fun to work along side. and i have seen different side or her acting ability in this production. The final member of our cast is Sue Edwards, who plays the new vicar Sarah. I have directed Sue in the past, but this is the first time I have acted along side her in a production and I have loved it and look forward to working with her again very soon. 

Julie has been a great director, she has had some great ideas and has really pulled the characters out of the script, getting the best of the emotion and characters across to the audience. I hope that Julie has enjoyed this as much as I have and I look forward to working with her again in the future. I hope that you will come and watch the production, and enjoy it as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment